Friday, May 13, 2005

Post-script on the tranzis

Supachai Panitchpakdi, the outgoing chief of the World Trade Organization (WTO) will not starve. He has been appointed as secretary general of the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) on Wednesday, as only the Chinese News Agency saw fit to report.

He thanked SecGen Kofi Annan (father of Kojo of food-for-oil notoriety):
“I am profoundly honoured that Secretary General Annan has shown such confidence in me and I can assure him and all UN member governments that I will do everything in my power to ensure that trade becomes an ever more vital tool for development.”
Of course, he will. Just as the UN has done so far. Anyway, that’s a load off my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.